Friday, March 1, 2013

Week Two







This week for my concentration series I continued to work with point of view, eye level, texture, and color with food. This week I took a few more pictures with people eating because my concentration series will be on how food brings family and friends together. I think that this theme is working well for me because my family and friends LOVE all types of food. I am also enjoying the warm colors that my photos present because the food I am photographing is what I feel is comfort-food. I think it fits my concentration series because food is meant for comfort and enjoyment.

4 comments:

  1. These are getting more interesting due to interesting eye levels. You might want to work on the facial expressions of your eaters. Maybe get a little twinkle in the eye somehow. The picture with the knife is the least successful. The knife is pointed toward the viewer so there is a sense of danger rather than warmth. The big pot in the foreground is a little awkward as well. I agree your colors are working beautifully to convey your mood. Have you researched photographing food? What did you find?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking through your blog posts makes me hungry! I thought the string of photos would have had the same angles and principles of design, but in reality they're all unique in their own way. From the last two posts I noticed a variety of color and point of views for each individual photo. The texture from the food really accentuates the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the warm feeling you put in these photos. These look like photos I would see on a food website or in a magizine. Your photos are very clearly taken, you can see all of the food on the taco.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have amazing shots . The photos are very unique in their own way because their taken in different angles and you have such a good warm color . The food just looks really delicious makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete